Do mental health providers have to be licensed in order for VVF to cover their fees?

In order for VVF to cover counseling, it must be provided by a medical doctor, clinical psychologist, clinical social worker, or licensed professional counselor. Group therapy and support groups may be covered if they are under the supervision of a licensed professional.